Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Time Salsa

For me, this salsa is not just for summertime but good quality fruit is a must! Fruit salsa is the perfect compliment to any picnic or cook out, for a light appetizer or just for a snack. You can use many different combinations of fruit, for this batch I used 2 Kiwi, a peach, about 6 - 8 large strawberries and half a pint of blackberries. I had a mango ready, but it smelled a little off, so rather than spoiling the whole dish, I opted to leave it out.
First, just peel and dice the fruit:


kiwi


peaches


strawberries


blackberries


Diced up!

Then I add a few squeezes of a lemon:


A tablespoon of Raspberry Jam:



And last, a tablespoon of Agave Sweetener:


Stir and enjoy with Whole Grain Cinnamon Chips

On a side note, it is perfectly acceptable to eat by the spoonful and I'm now thinking that it would probably taste delightful over some vanilla bean ice cream :)

No comments: