Thursday, July 22, 2010

Burp Cloth Makeover!

When Gabe was born I loved how white his burp rags (flat diapers) were.  To me, a bright white burp cloth epitomized clean! 

However they didn't stay white very long, and once Gabe was put on soy formula that slight discolorations became even more noticeable. 

I hated being out in public and pulling out an ugly, stained burp cloth.  I desperately wanted to buy new ones but hated the idea of being wasteful; spending money on something we already had and didn't really need.  

And then one day I was browsing through Joanne Fabric and saw this:  
While I wish I would have been slightly less impulsive and checked out some more natural dyeing solutions, I bought the RIT and after an extraordinarily easy and quick process, VOILA! 
Beautiful teal burp clothes!  Some of the really dark stains turned a darker teal but they look a million times better.  And the teal color works perfectly for our little man and if/when we adopt our little girl, a little pink or fuscia ribbon sewed on the end and they'll be little girl perfect too!

No comments: