Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Love





Recently I mentioned a foray into Blueberry Picking. 
Divine.
Steve and I drove out to a far off Pick-You-Own Farm.
The farm had eight acres of Blueberry bushes.
Eight Acres!
We walked through the Barn.
Grabbed a white Pail and headed out into the berry fields.
Amazing.
There were several families wandering around.
All talking, laughing, and generally being jolly.
Who can be angry in a field of Blueberries?
We picked, and picked, and picked.
Steve even went into a few bushes to get the cream of the crop.
Huge Berries.
The bigger, the sweeter.
And let me tell you...
these were the biggest blueberries I have ever seen in my entire life.
Giant.
We filled an entire pail.
Went back to the barn.
In all we paid five dollars and fifty cents...
for four pounds of blueberries.


Look up a Pick-Your-Own farm near you...
or far from you...
it's worth the drive.


Look Here.


When you get your blueberries
(But go quickly, the season is ending...)
put them in the glass, bowl, or container of your choice.
Cover them in milk.
Drizzle with a little Agave Nectar, Honey, Sugar,
or sweetener of your choice.
Enjoy.
It's heaven.
Divine.
It's what I want my children to think dessert is all about.


 

No comments: